Wow, it has been quite a week! In the past week we've had book fair (which I was running), Parent Teacher Conferences (the girls') and Halloween. (This has been sort of a fun way to keep a Journal so I am just going to put all the goings on in here so bear with me.) Monday was set up day at the book fair. I took the kids to school and was there the rest of the day, setting up displays, having teacher preview, and classroom previews. For the teacher preview I had made a Texas Sheet cake with pecan frosting and had waters there for the teachers to enjoy. Mostly bribery to get them to the book fair though. I thought I would be gone by the time the kids got out of school (I wasn't) so I told them to just go to the bus and I would be at home. Well Cierra didn't go to the bus she came to the gym, I just happened to still be there so I told her to go get Abbie off the bus. Cierra never came back so I thought she just got on the bus with Abbie. I got home as Abbie was walking from the corner and no Cierra. Abbie got in the car and we headed back to the school, I called and the secretary on the way and she said Cierra had just walked into the school in tears. Apparently instead of coming to get me she walked to the car, I wasn't there so she went to the park next to the school to play. You can't see the equipment where the car was parked or I might have seen her. She got done and came to the car and it was gone. She started to walk home, but got scared so she ran back to the school. All was well and it was a good learning experience for her I guess. Then Monday night Abbie had an achievement day Halloween party she said she had fun!
Tuesday began nice and early...6:45! I showered and got the kids up and all of us off to the school. I pretty much spent the day there. I brought Cierra and Abbie home after school, so she could get ready for gymnastics, waited for Jesse and then went back to the school for book fair to start and the girls' parent teacher conferences, which by the way turned out great. Abbie does really good in her class and Cierras teacher told me she is Delightful and Mischievous...can you really be both? Anyway, I came home long enough to start dinner and get Jesse off to scouts just to go back and get the money from the book fair and come home.
Wednesday was better, same morning...kinda, I didn't get up early enough to shower before school, so I took everyone there, dropped off the money and came home to shower. Was back at the school by 11:30, and was there for the rest of the day. Brought the kids home and actually had some time with them tonight! Abbie had gym also from 5-6. At 9:00 I finally made the cupcakes and frosting for Abbie's class party the next day.
Thursday...another big day. I was at the school for the morning, and then left for lunch and to run to DI for crutches for Jesse's costume. Back to the school for Abbie's Halloween party, and collect the money from the day's book fair. Left in time to pick up Jesse from school and head to Melaleuca for the the Halloween Trick or Treating. It was fun, but took a while, they always do such a great job decorating each of their departments. Headed back and was to the school by 4:50 to drop off money again and get em started. Went home and had scouts and went back to the school to close and pack up the book fair. Everyone was impressed with my good friend Joy and her ability to overachieve in everything she does and how quickly we got cleaned up! Thanks Joy for all your help! Yay book fair is over! Its not a lot of work, it just takes up a lot of time.
Friday, Halloween Day! Kids got up, girls had the day off and Jesse had school. We took Jesse to school. We have a friend in Boise whose daughter came over for State Volleyball tourney's, so we went in and watched that til 10am, almost forgot Cierra's dentist appointment. Hurried home and brushed teeth, made it to the dentist just in time! After the dentist we stopped at Kmart to buy a few more Halloween items. Came home, I finally showered, fixed lunch, and figured out book fair money. Cleaned the kitchen, made dinner and got the girls ready to go trick or treating. Thank goodness for Jesse and him taking the girls trick or treating and giving me a rest from my week! Abbie was a Renaissance girl and Cierra was going to be a Vampiress, but she got hold of the makeup and ended up more like a geisha with a bloody chin!
I am glad that is not the typical week...oh yeah and we never did carve pumpkins! :-( And to top it off I only have maybe 2 pictures to post with all these words!
1 comment:
Okay, I need a nap after reading that. It sure was fun to visit with you on Halloween!
Post a Comment