Upper: Kayla, Alisa, Tammie Lower: Angie, Lynnette, Jane
Alisa and Angie lounging on my bed. There's a guy in our room I just can't remember who it must be?
What a lovely picture of Angie! Good Morning...Maybe Good Night. Its College you never know!
Our die hard clean freak! Good thing nobody left the cleaning to me! Thanks Kayla!
Tammie and Teena, we were heading to Salt Lake to Temple Square to go to conference with our boyfriends!
_____________________________________________
I liked LaTisha's reminiscing about her college years. So I thought I would go back and do that too. I went to Utah State University like my brother and sister before me, and my Grandpa Harris. I lived in a housing complex off campus called Old Farm. I know is sounds odd, but it was the best place in the world to live. We had a great ward and a really fun Bishopric. The complex was made up of I think 12 buildings with 4 townhouse style apartments, 3 bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs and the kitchen, a 1/2 bath and family room downstairs. Our carpet was this hideous red color and we loved it! There were 6 girls in our apartment. Myself and my friend Lynnette from High School, 2 girls from Salt Lake that were also friends, Angie and Alisa, and 2 from Weston, Id also good friends from their hometown, Kayla and Jane. I still think this was one of the best years of my life! I learned a lot about myself and about life. Living away from home to go to college is a great experience and I don't think any child should be robbed of it if that's what they want to do. In the center of our complex was the building that held the laundrymat and the mailboxes in the basement and a large room on the main floor that our ward used on Sunday nights to meet and have a prayer with our bishopric...we called it merge! Don't ask me why thats just what it was called. I can't remember if there was anything else in that building, for some reason I think there was. We kept the door of our apartment open a lot, so did everyone else. Anyone could walk in at anytime. I don't even remember if we locked our doors when we left for the day. I had my first real boyfriend while living in that apartment whose name was Troy. It was love...eventually Bill beat him out for True Love! There is just something about the freedom you feel, yet still part of your parents life that still makes you feel secure. I wasn't a great student in college, I get nervous when I test and usually bomb the whole thing that I knew forward and backward when I walked in the room. I worked at the Golden Corral which is where I met my true love, and made a lot of great friends while working there too. One of my roommates, Jane, also worked there with me. I have a lot of great memories of the time I spent in that apartments with those great girls, I was lucky to have had such a great experience, especially with those who were complete strangers. We were all members of the church which made it a lot easier. We did our share of crazy things, nothing to be toooo ashamed of though! I have tried to keep in contact over the years, its hard to keep track but we do OK! Oh well here are a few pictures of life in Old Farm!
1 comment:
What fun! I love reminiscing about college.
Post a Comment