Friday, November 21, 2008

It's time for a story!

Once upon a time in a small town called Tremonton there lived two little girls, Kami and Tammie. Now with those names you might think they were twins, but alas no. They were next door neighbors, and they were the best of friends! From the time they were 2, and they first met, they became almost inseparable. There were times of quarreling and discontent (usually because she liked to play barbies and I didn't), but mostly good fun. There were many good times. Riding bikes to the park, climbing trees, swimming, sleeping out, building club houses, going down town to King's for candy or Mac's Drive in for fries and fresh limes, stealing apples from Mrs. Hirshi and then trying to sell them back to her, hiding under the gooseberry bush and eating them all while they were still green (I don't think Mrs. Chapman? ever got any). They lived in an older area of this small town and there weren't many other young children to play with, so they invented their own fun. The street was lined with houses containing widows or aged couples. It was a favorite past time of these two young girls to dress up like old ladies and go visiting teaching to all the older women who lived nearby (they always gave us cookies!). Our favorite was visiting an old lady named Daisy. She took such good care of us and enjoyed our company. There were many others, (I wish I could remember all their names!) and they were just as kind. These two young girls were easy going and never got into too much trouble...except that one time when we were about 5 and mooned a car driving by, but that's another story!

3 comments:

Jill Jones said...

Ah the good ol' days! Did I really just say that? But I do remember carlessly wandering around the neighborhood unsupervised going from house to house, and yes, also the penny candy store down on first street (now Cardon's car wash). How did we get to be the old ones remembering when......?

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I'm ready to hear the "another" story! I have a Kami - her name is Amy. We marched down the road carying a broomstick singing "You're a Grand Ol' Flag".

twinsand2boys said...

Too funny!