
The darling little girl in the photograph is of course, ME! There is a little newspaper in the town of Tremonton called 'The Leader'. It goes as most small town newspapers go, and that's into the personal lives of those in small towns. Luckily that's not the reason I was in the paper. My mom had a recipe featured in their recipe section (I don't know what that section was called exactly but I am sure it was not The Recipe Section). Anyway the newspaper photographer took this picture and this was in the paper with the recipe and I imagine an article about my mom. Ok now for more clarification...I don't actually know if this was the picture in the paper, it seems like my mom said it was though. My Aunt and Uncle owned the newspaper too, so this picture may just be one the photographer took and liked and printed one up, who knows. But the above story is the one I am sticking to until someone tells me otherwise...mom?
***Update from my mom - The recipe section in the paper was called the 'Good Cooks Corner', this picture was not in the paper it was an extra taken by the photographer, the paper had my mom, my sister and I in it. My mom was a cake decorator my whole life and taught classes for adult education in Tremonton. The picture was of us with some animals my mom made for a carousel cake she makes, along with 3 other recipes.
2 comments:
Too funny. Life wouldn't be the same without embarassing pictures!
I love small town papers. Ours literally had things in it like "Betty and Bob were on their way to the city to pick up Bob's sister's daughter's birthday cake and they experienced a flat tire. Luckily Harold came by on his yellow tractor that he attained at an auction in June from Old Fred Larsen's place, and was able to tell Mabel when he got home. Mabel was baking bread but she stopped and phoned Larry over at the service station and Larry sent Walter over with the new truck they got last year to help Betty and Bob with their tire. Betty and Bob got the cake and Bob's sister's daughter had a very happy 7th Birthday."
What do we do without such information now. I guess that is why they invented cable!
Post a Comment