I have said before that I didn't date much in high school. I had a group of friends, boys and girls that we hung out with and there was some inner dating a little, but it never seemed like I had the date for dances. Most of that probably stems from self esteem issues. In my old age I realize that if you feel good about yourself it goes along way in the dating arena. That being said I would never want to go back and do it again even if I could retain all the knowledge I have now. Prom at my high school was Junior year, a big deal. It was the day of prom I still didn't have a date. That morning I had ACT's over at Utah State and my friend Janette felt awful that I didn't have a date so she found a boy who didn't have a date and talked him into asking me. Now this was the morning of Junior Prom. No dress, no tux, no tickets, no nothing! He asked me after the test. My next door neighbor Kami had a dress that she had worn to prom the year before so she loaned that to me, my mom had jewelry for me. Now I didn't really like this boy and in my high school view was a complete geek, (sad thing is he probably thought the same about me). And the worst thing was that everyone I knew was already double dating so there was no room to squeeze in with another couple. He didn't pick me up until 8pm and didn't take me to dinner and I was home by 11:45(sad huh?). In hindsight as a 37 year old woman I am glad I had the opportunity to go to Prom, although I feel pathetic that my friend had to find someone willing to take me! :-( The upside was that his dad was a huge car buff and the car we got to go in was a Delorian (you know the back to future car). That was fun. Well there is my post for today, see what you made me do Heather??? How embarrasing!



4 comments:
At least you GOT there...I was at home that night. I wish I'd been there to see Johnathon driving the Delorian. I only got to hear about it. Can you believe this was over 20 YEARS AGO!!!!
No! and I like to believe it was only a few years ago. I look at pictures of myself then and think I still look the same. Then a recent photograph shows up and I have to sigh and return to reality!
Isn't that Jonathan Pierce? I had no idea he had a car like that. Well, for prom I went with Gary Mortensen and the whole time we were at the dance, even while we were in the car going to dinner he NEVER took his shades off. I guess he took that Corey Hart song to heart..."I wear my sunglasses at night." And what was worse, he didn't even walk me to the door after the dance. He just sat in his car, didn't wave to me or anything and backed out of the driveway. I was not happy!! Oh well...memories.
Loved your post...
Janus
I dont remember him having a delorian...but thats cool!
Post a Comment