Sunday, November 9, 2008

Ushanka

Has any of your kids ever wanted something so badly that apperance is no longer an issue to them? Jesse has been begging for this stupid hat for sometime now and kept saying that is all he wanted for his birthday. Well I finally gave in. We drove to Sportsmans Warehouse on Friday before his campout and bought him a Ushanka - this the the russian word for those stupid furry hats that they wear there, the ones with the earflaps that tie above their head. Yeah you know the ones. Now I don't want to insult any Russians out there. I don't want to be thought of as intolerant, we have a new President now and possibly with the Fair Doctrine Act I may be jailed for thinking this hat is stupid! But nonetheless, I do! Anyway, he said that is all he wanted and if I would buy this one thing he wouldn't EVER ask for anything else (through the check out line he asked for candy...nice huh!?!). Anyway here he is in his wonderfully stupid Ushanka doing his Trepak dance! (thank goodness for Wikipedia, I learned 2 new words today!) Good thing I love this kid!

5 comments:

JulieJ said...

That's funny. I have the hardest time buying things that I don't like, even if it their deepest desire. Way to fulfill a dream!

Wammack Family said...

He is one funny kid.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Let it be said over and over that the Rhineharts LOVE that Jesse kid! Happy dang birthday, comrade! I think the hat is charming sitting above that face!

The Freed Family said...

Sometimes kids want the weirdest things.

Gramma Di said...

I love your hat Jesse. You need to read the book Train to Potevka. The author grew up in Bear River City. It is about his life as a spy in Russia. We have the book if you want to read it
Aunt Diane