Friday, November 28, 2008

Stuffing, not necessarily just for the bird!

I am a little ashamed at the fact that while its National Blogging month, and I had agreed to blog daily, that I haven't even blogged for 4 days! There are only three days left in the month I should be able to find something to blog for those days!
Well I thought that I would share some pictures of the Thanksgiving Feast that the all McCammons shared! We did miss Jason and Heather though and can't wait to see them at Christmas. But it was an enjoyable day with a great meal. There are so many things to be grateful for in our lives. First and foremost the gospel of Jesus Christ and what it means for us to know where we came from, the reason were here and where we are going! I am also grateful for the freedoms of this country. A lot of talk has taken place about our country turning to socialism, I hope not and I will be actively aware. A favorite saying of mine is "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke) Last but not final is my family. I was born to a family of great people. I have had a lot of really good examples in my life and I am grateful for that. I also married a great man, no ones perfect even though he thinks he is, but in my book he comes awful close. I couldn't ask for a better man and he treats me like a queen! There are so many more small things to be greatful for...like the ability to use all of my five senses. I have been without a couple of them temporarily and I didn't like it. I am grateful for two cars the run, not a necessity but nice to have. The warmth of the sun in the winter, but moreso a home that has heat and hot running water. We have so many luxuries in our lives, even if I could live without them I am grateful I don't have to.

No comments: