Wednesday, November 19, 2008

24th of July!

The 24th of July in Tremonton is a big deal. That is the city's big celebration day. At the park they have booths and food, and the lion's club breakfast. The city softball and baseball tournaments are that day and then in the evening there is a dance and fireworks. But in the morning there is a parade. Only its not a regular parade it is only for kids. It goes 3 blocks, but thats a lot when your a kid. That was the big excitement every year. We decorated our bikes or wagons, we dressed as pioneers or clowns or just in regular street clothes. I remember feeling so important to be in the parade...it was AWESOME!

This picture is me, my BFF for life Kami, and my sister Wendy in our Pioneer garb!

This picture is of Kami, my sister Wendy on the back of her bike and me in a clown costume. Can you see the balloon and crepe paper?

This picture is so hard to see, we couldn't have been very old but here we are ready for the parade with the two neighbor boys from across the street. I can't remember first names but their last name was Borcherdeen (sp?) Ahhh those were the days!

2 comments:

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Where is the picture of you riding in the parade when you were the beauty queen?

Anonymous said...

Oh, those were the days!!! I wish we were closer so I could take Andrew and Alex to Tremonton for the celebration one year. I swear the 24th was always bigger & better than the 4th of July celebrations anywhere else in the USA. Thanks for giving me the excuse to reminince with my family today. Makes the homesickness a bit better this time of year.