My Grandma Harris and I always had a special bond. I loved her very much and wish I would have thought of all those things to ask her, you know, the ones that always come to mind now she's gone. The secrets that Grandma never meant to keep, life was just too short? She had a massive stroke in 1999 which made it so she wasn't able to communicate with us or walk. She had to be in a nursing home, but my mom was able to bring her to church and the house after on the day Cierra was blessed. This picture is a 4 generation of me and my girls, my mom, and my Grandma Harris. It was always so sweet to watch her with my girls. Whenever we would go and see her, she and Abbie would just stare at each other and hold hands. Abbie would say that she could understand what grandma said, and we believed her. It was very sweet.
I haven't found the pictures of us at the nursing home with her on Valentines Day dancing, but that is a special memory of her too.
1 comment:
Aren't you glad I am making you do this so you don't take your secrets you never meant to keep with you when you go?
I love seeing your tiny family (and secretly your hair). I love that Cierra was that tiny at one time and that Abbie would talk to your grandma with her littly spirit. I believe too.
Having people you love move on kind of make you excited for the time you get to see them again.
Post a Comment