Being the PTO President at the girls elementary school makes it so I am privy to information that others might not realize even happened. Should I share it or not?!? Probably not, but I am going to anyway!!! I really wanted to start a science fair for the 6th Graders, I just think that its such a fun part of growing up and that all kids should have the chance to participate in one. I had a bit of a clash with the teachers and so it was decided that it would be a "project" fair that could focus on either arts, science, or research. The teachers felt like not everyone likes science and they wanted it to be fun for everyone. The down side in my opinion was that the Research project was the easiest so even kids that enjoyed science took the easy way out and just did the research project. The funny thing is, is that many of the research projects could have taken the next step and it would have been a science project. Again the feeling of trying to give kids the easy way out instead of going the extra mile. The bad part was I tried to get Abbie to do a science project and she wouldn't because the teacher said she didn't have to. It turned out okay though and the kids had fun doing it.

These are the kids that won! Each category had a 1st 2nd and 3rd.
Abbie and her friend Nikki combined and did their Research project on Greek Gods and Goddesses!
No comments:
Post a Comment