Sunday, April 3, 2011
Jesse's 17th Birthday
It shouldn't be something I think about, but it is! He's 17 which means almost 18 which means almost 19 which means he leaves for his mission!!! OH MY!!!! I love to watch my kids grow, I've never wanted them to stay little forever, I have loved my journey of growing and its exciting to watch theirs, but....he's almost gone! Its April not November when I am posting this and we've been watching conference and the question by a speaker arose "Are we ever finished with our responsibility of being a parent", my answer is maybe the part you play in their life is smaller but you never stop being a parent....loving, caring, worrying, wondering, teaching....its always there. The never ending questions of have I done enough to prepare him temporally and spiritually to live in this world, to survive and survive well, to be happy, work hard and be successful??? He's growing and there is nothing I can do about it....except love him, and I do love him. He is a great kid, he is a testament that parenting is not the reason kids turn out the way they do, its temperament and desire on their part. He is inherently good....a bit bossy but still good!!! Happy Birthday Jesse, I love watching you grow from boy to man, I can't wait to see the man you'll become!!!
Jesse decided no cake this year instead he wanted pie, so pumpkin and cherry pie were his choices. No present from us at this point, it came earlier this year in the form of very expensive golf clubs! Grandpa and Grandma Christensen were able to come and enjoy it with us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment