Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ahhh! Spring in Idaho!!!

I hate spring in Idaho, there is nothing pleasant about it!!! Its either snowing, raining or blowing...most of the time all three!!! But I digress...for Spring break the kids and I took a couple of days and went to Utah. I am helping on the reunion committee for my 20 year class reunion and there was a meeting on Sunday so I decided that there was no better excuse. So Sunday after church we left in a blizzard with hardly a 1/2 mile worth of visibility and drove to Utah. We got to Pocatello and the storm had subsided, by McCammon the sun was shining. When we hit the state line it was raining again, but at least Malad pass was clear!! My original plan was to take the kids to Hogle Zoo, but the weather was never really nice enough to be outside in. So Monday we went to Ogden to the Treehouse Museum and took my mom with us. It was a really cute place very focused on books, maybe a little young for Jesse, but he always tries to be a trooper. On the main floor they had a giant grandma to sit on and read, a fun kitchen and Dr.s office and a school house to play in. Then a giant map of Utah with a quiz game to play. Then some stations about fossils and other things in Utah. Then a few stations that were dedicated to countries around the world, by books. ie: Beatrix Potter - was England, there was a Chinese house, a Japanese and we can't remember the others. :-) The kids built an arch with foam blocks on the world map.
Grandma and Grandkids on Grandma's Lap!
Grandma with her tea party hat on!
Then a giant tree house in the middle that is suppose to have a slide, but it was closed. On the second floor, it was more for older kids. A giant map of USA with a quiz, a replica of the oval office with a presidents quiz on the wall, and one of first ladies also, a music room which was really fun and a medieval room with a giant chess board and a stage and puppet show area with lots of dress up. And a craft area. We spent about 2 hours there it was pretty fun. Then we took the kids to dinner and headed back to Tremonton. When we got there, we got ready and headed to the swimming pool! This time we took Grandpa too! The kids always have a lot of fun swimming and hanging with grandma and grandpa!! Here are some pictures of the museum.

Act 3 - The End I don't wanna work I just wanna bang on me drum all day!!!

Hard pressed to find cuter fire fighters!!!

4 comments:

JulieJ said...

I've always wanted to go there, but haven't made it yet. Looks pretty fun.

Anonymous said...

I used to take my kids there when we lived in Utah. It was fun for them. They really liked craft time. Not so much reading time.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I wish that any of your kids had any personality at all. They are just so sullen and unimaginative.

You are a great mom.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a great time. The last time we went there, Katelyn got the chicken pox, if it's the same place I'm thinking. Is your mom as cute as you?