Sunday, March 22, 2009

Life ain't nuttin' but a game!!!

For our Relief Society Birthday dinner they asked for volunteers to decorate a table set for 6. It was a nice night and there were a lot of really nicely decorated tables. Everyone else went with reserved and nice and then there was me, I guess I misunderstood the directions and went with wild and flashy. I had a couple of people comment that it was totally my style, so I guess I am a little wild and flashy!!! The other tables were very cute though.
The table had a twister game mat as a table cloth, other boardgames as place mats and of course I covered the table with plastic so if someone spilled nothing would be ruined. Then as you can see I used a few other games to decorate and used the colors of the twister in the place setting. Note to self, check menu next time and use a sturdier plate!

15 comments:

Karen and Scott said...

I thought it was the best table there!!

JulieJ said...

I thought it was so cute. I'm impressed with all of the detail that went into it. I'm not a detailed oriented person.

Anonymous said...

That is WILD & FLASHY. I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Tammie, this IS you. You always were a bit seat of your pants and full of life. It's how I remember you best. I love the table, and it's given me a great idea for our summer BBQ (it's on 4 July again this year if you're anywhere near England)!!! Thanks for posting the photo.

Joy said...

I think your table was great.

The Freed Family said...

Sometimes I wish I could be more spontaneous, wild, and flashy....instead of so conventional and reserved! It was a cute table!

Jill Jones said...

Tammie your table rocked! (Quite literally!) Just like you!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I just thought it would be fun to spell out the naughty words on the scrabble trays.

The Kirby Family said...

What a cute idea Tammie! I think it looks great!

stoner said...

I think you should have brought the game system for Guitarhero...then we could have played. That would have made it the best homemaking ever! Who needs skits on visiting teaching when you can rock like Lenny Kravitz? Okay....I probably went too far. :D

Cool table...

Anonymous said...

It looked great and was full. Have you ever done the color code personality test. Jeff and I were talking about it the other day and I was wondering if you have any yellow?

Anonymous said...

11 posts I think its a record for me!!

Heather, since we were at church I figured I'd better not...are you up for a game?

Carolyn, wild and flashy were enough crazy comments can you imagine what i'd have gotten with the whole wii!?! Seriously though that would've been a great table, I probably would've had a line! You and Karen would have rocked me way out though! Slow Ride is about it for me!!! I like the world tour so I can sing bad outloud!!!

Mary, What does that mean do I have any yellow? My kitchen is! and I love it!!

Hezzie said...

So... Do you and Bill play naked Twister?

stoner said...

Tammie, The way I get a lot of comments is that I comment to myself...sad but true. It gives me a false sense of popularity. I probably need medication....:D

Megan and Jon said...

Hi Tammie, I'm a friend of Bills. We used to work together at Icon. We found him on FB and he told me about your blog. Hope it is okay that I visit. I added you to ours so you can get on.
What a great idea. I'm in the RS presidency and I love the idea of assigning out table decorations. Wild and Flashy is just what our ward needs. Can you do a table for us too.. hehe