Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Easter Egg Hunt

In my short time with kids (hahaha) we have been to a few Easter egg hunts that the cities we've lived in have done. We've never done the Tautphaus Park one. But here its just a field of eggs dumped out by the firemen. On one end, kids grouped off (sort of), and a siren to start the battle. When we lived in Nampa they used a few different parks for the different age groups and it was a square where everyone could stand all the way around it, again the eggs just dumped and a fire engine siren to start us off. In Tremonton the few years we were there, they had each age group roped off, parents were not aloud to step into it to help kids. You could gather 3 eggs at a time and run back to a table where they would give you a full size candy bar and then run and get 3 more until the eggs were gone. I really like this one it evened the playing field a lot and most kids left with about the same amount. I don't remember going to one in Logan, we would usually drive to Wellsville since that's where Bills folks lived. Jesse was just a little guy so I am not sure if the whole park was the same, but for the little kids they had candy just spread over the entire field, and the kids just ran and filled their baskets with that. There were a few eggs that had other types of prizes, but Jesse wasn't going to mess with things he can't see he just picked up candy.
I love it when the kids find their friends to hang with while waiting it makes the wait so much more pleasant.
Have your kids ever been one with the ticket for a big prize? We finally did it after all the egg hunts we've been to. Abbie got a ticket this year. It was so exciting. She ended up with roller blades and a new helmet. I still haven't got a picture yet. We thought about taking them back because she has some already, but its only going to be one more year till Cierra needs hers so we figured we'd just keep them now we have an extra pair when a friend comes over to play, the new ones are nicer anyway.
Did you get a glimpse of flat stanley in the pictures??? He's visiting from the kids' cousin in Bountiful and we're taking him places with us! Showing Stanley a good time!!!

4 comments:

Darin and Shannon said...

Way to go Abbie! I love to win!

JulieJ said...

Looks like fun. Kind of made me wish I bucked up and took my kids this year. Maybe.

Wammack Family said...

We actually got really lucky this year and both of the girls won something. Annika won a bike and MacKayla won a basket.

I was amazed at how fast the eggs were gone. The whole thing was over in one minute. I told James it reminded me of movies where locusts come and eat the fields.

stoner said...

How much fun! Your kids look like they had a wonderful time.

I had forgotten you lived in Nampa...we lived in Meridian for about 10 years. We should get together and share stories!

You need to tell us more about flat Stanley....he looks to be an intriguing character. :D