Friday, February 27, 2009
I think I'm a snob!?!
I don't know if snob is the right word, but when we put the carpet in the basement, with the new fireplace and stuff, well I just didn't want to put my old crappy furniture in that beautiful room. Bill just happened to agree with me, so we went furniture shopping last Saturday and made ourselves a purchase! Two new leather couches, from Odell's. They are pretty nice, on each end of the sofa the seats recline and on the love seat there is a console in the center for the remotes and two cup holders. Anyone who knows my husband understands the need for those!!! And the seats are independent rockers and recliners. But boy furniture is a lot more expensive than I had planned that's for sure, but we were still able to buy them, paid in full with cash, so apparently that makes it OK! Now Bill said we need to get that flat screen TV instead of a toilet and vanity for the bathroom, WHAT!?!? That boy needs to get his priorities straight!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
The furniture looks nice.
I cant view the class reunion blog...its blank. I can still see the blogroll but no posts...is it just me?
OOOOOOH! AAAAAH! Nice stuff! So why don't you get a vanity and toilet someone else ripped out and make it into a "shabby chick" bathroom with that sort of "intentional worn" look - and then buy the flat screen TV? See - an answer for everything!
Suzanne, I can see everything alright. I am not sure why you can't. I put a blog counter on it so I took that off, maybe that caused an error, it wasn't working anyway. Let me know.
Love it! Your basement is going to be your favorite place to be!
My mom & step-dad have the EXACT same furniture, but in dusty blue fabric. I LOVE them and find them to be sooooo comfortable, especially after 15 hours of flights with a nine-month-old. I think I was asleep within five minutes when I sat down. It's great that you are getting the basement done to your liking. Makes the hard work and delays worth it in the end.
They look nice. I love nailhead trim. Ya, with your husband the cupholders are an essential!
Your house looks awesome! I don't think its a snob it just classy!
Ooo Tammie! Those are nice! I'm jealous!
Did you seriously go out on Saturday and buy something on Saturday? I wish I was more decisive. I have been looking for a kitchen table for about 2 years.
Nice. I have a definite opinion of what I want in our basement. i havea hard time 'settling' for it, I would rather just not get it if it isn't right.
It happens! I finally discovered that improving one thing doesn't improve a room. It just blatantly points out how dumpy everything else is that was just fine before. We painted a room and all of a sudden the furniture wasn't good enough and that lamp from the 80's didn't go anymore.
I love the couch! That is so nice to have a whole room match! Only my kids' bedrooms do that! The rest of my house is still half old half new!
Post a Comment