YAY!!! We got the carpet in our basement today!!! (Kinda) Since there is a little bit of a story I will tell you. In the two bedrooms in the basement we decided to cove the carpets instead of baseboard. Why? you ask...I hate cleaning and painting baseboards and they really don't look good after a while, so I figured in the basement bedrooms it wouldn't matter too much. Plus I like the way it looks. Anyway, we picked out a metal stripping that goes along the top edge of the coving. It was a dark brass and really blended well with the carpet. They came today and told me they couldn't get the stripping we wanted so did I want to use shiny brass or silver or have the top edge bound. Not much of a choice, the funny thing is he's the one that suggested the stripping we picked. So now the carpet is laid, but I have to wait a few days for the binding on the carpet to be finished so they can come and put it up. BUT...It looks really great!!!! What do you think? Come check it out.
11 comments:
Yay! It looks great.
Looks good!! I was on my way over to check it out and your car was not there. So I missed you. I will try to come tomorrow!!
I remember when we were ready for carpet....it is the finishing touch, the end result. That is exciting. It looks great, and I bet it smells great too. I love the smell of new carpet.
The carpet looks great and your fireplace is beautiful. You guys will really enjoy that. The big block A looks great. How bout those Aggies!!!!!!!!
Love Diane
That step is the most exciting. It makes it feel so finished and new! Good job!
I love it. Your fireplace turned out beautiful!
It looks awesome! Love the title of your post too! And love the vaccuum lines! You're so funny! :)
Ooo Tammie! That looks so nice! When's the open basement party?
Looks great Tammie! Congrats!
That looks awesome! Love the carpet and the fireplace.
Carpet in the basement. What a dream.
Post a Comment