Sunday, August 7, 2011

My new Arch and Paint Job

 I am weird I know it and I can accept it, but I hate the big wall that my kitchen and living room shares.  Its huge and hard to decorate and I love my kitchen and living room being two different colors.  But the weird line I had between the two was bothersome to me, so my solution was an archway between the two rooms and I LOVE IT!!!





Next was the Paint job.  I don't mind painting but after having the archway installed it seemed a daunting task to repaint my kitchen and living room so my darling husband agreed to let me hire someone...YAY!!!  His friend Carson Beattie owns his own painting company (ColorWorks, shameless plug!) and we had him come and give the bid, way to good to pass up!!!  It took me longer to decide on paint colors than it did for them to paint my house!  They were here at 8 and gone by 4:30, that's taping, painting 3 coats and clean-up.  Done with the mess!!!  If I would have attempted it, it would have taken me at least a week if not 2. It looks so great I am glad we decide to hire somebody to come do it.  We've regretted doing our own painting when we built the house, now it looks just great!  I have a yummy bright buttery color in the living room and a limey green color in the kitchen.  I loved the color in my kitchen before but hated the color in my living room...now I am lucky enough to love them both!!!













Lastly and way more slowly has been the decorating part of the rooms, I always seem to know what I don't want, but can't figure out what I do want.  Its no secret I love old crap!  My kitchen is decorated with old utensils and appliances, bottles, containers and knick knacks from yesteryear and I love it all!!!  I had an idea a few years ago to collect pictures of places we've eaten when we've gone on vacation and creating a collage, well that idea evolved into pictures of old restaurant signs, at first I thought I wanted them to say EAT or Cafe but I changed my mind. Now I have 3 - 20x20 pictures in my kitchen that I created from pictures I've taken of places we've eaten, or have meaning to us to pictures I found on the internet of vintage restaurants signs from east to west coast, from Hwy 89 to Route 66 and I love, love, love them!!!!




and lastly my new favorite thing...my kitchen table!!!  Next task decorating the Living Room, I wonder how much longer I can stand the plain walls!!!

No comments: