There is so much going on all the time and if you don't take the time to blog each thing then sometimes they all get clumped into the same post!!!
The interesting part of having a teenage boy...he thinks he's awesome!!! Now there is absolutely nothing wrong with that...because I think he is too, but as much as I like 80's hair bands this isn't my favorite look for him!!!! I am sure if you've ever sat next to me for an extended period of time you would know that I hated being a teenager and I hated the pettyness of high school, but there are definitely fun parts and dressing up for things was FUN!!! Jesse was getting ready for some Debate function and was suppose to come as a rockstar (I think) so this is what we came up with.....he's awesome...right?
The third grade classes at Cierra's school make books. They have to each write a story and illustrate it and then they bind it and then present it to their families in a little program. Cierra's was very cute, her story was about horses and cats running a race around the world. She used Risa and Mika as names for her animals a tribute to our Japanese friends. Risa was here at the time and was able to come to the school and listen to her present. It was a fun day.Cierra's cute new outfit for picture day...
Jesse's attempt at an Ice Cream Cake, he didn't do too bad for a first try. He made the ice cream and the cake. I think store bought ice cream might work better, but he wanted to try the whole thing from scratch.
For a fun family night Cierra and Abbie made popcorn and cupcakes, had tickets for treats and drinks and we watch Bill's favorite....Despicable ME! I think Bill is like the guy on that show...he like people to believe he's a tough guy but really a sweet softie on the inside!!!
I think this cake is actually from April not May, but I'm slipping it in anyway. I saw this cake on an episode of some crazy foods show on Food Network. Its called a Pumple Cake. You might think I am insane for attempting it and I probably am, but it was a fun challenge and definitely one I would attempt again for a get together, not just for an at home dessert its a 2-day process, because its HUGE!!! I made this one for Book Club and we read Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie. It is a Chocolate cake with a pumpkin pie baked into the center and a white cake with an apple pie baked into the center, stacked and frosted with Italian Butter-cream (was supposed to be french butter-cream, but there isn't much difference). It was interesting, sounds gross but everyone was pleasantly surprised with the outcome and took some home to their husbands. The pieces had to be super skinny though because it was super sweet and rich!!!
Field Day at school, it was such great weather...the days leading up to and the next day were crappy but this day was PERFECT!!! Thank Goodness!!!!
Ahh Piano...does every family have a love hate relationship with it?!?! My girls love to play but hate to practice. We love our Teacher Amanda and I am so glad she's patient with me as a mom because I forget more than half the time to remind them to practice. I took video of the recital pieces so I don't have pictures of them at the piano. These pictures are suppose to be while they were announcing their piece, but Cierra mumbled and rushed and I didn't get a picture of her facing forward, and I don't think Abbie even said it!!!
This is Amanda, she's so darling!!!
Ahhh the wonders of Daddy Daughter Activities!!! I still remember mine. One of these days I will have to make a post of the pictures at mine when I was that age. This activity was Boot Camp! They made marshmallow guns, had a war with them and did a fun obstacle course. The weather was bad so they ended up indoors it would have been way funner outside!!!
And a spring staple at our house...Volleyball!!!! Abbie loves it...I also had to put a picture in of Hailey since she's like a daughter to me too!!! Hailey is serving and Abbie is number 36 at the bottom.

No comments:
Post a Comment