Saturday, July 31, 2010
Mom's know more than you think!
Do you ever sit back and think...boy I wish I would have listened to my mother more? When I was a kid my mom couldn't get me to listen to anything. When she tried to get me to learn to cook, I was going to have a chef, why would I need to learn that, or cleaning...well I was going to have a maid so why bother?
My mom is great at everything she does, I don't think its ever crossed her mind not to try something because she might not be good at it. For me I am afraid to try new things for fear I might not be good at it. My mom decorated cakes, all kinds...birthday, wedding, etc. Did I ever let her teach me? No, I wasn't going to need it, I was going to be rich I could afford to pay others to do it for me.
Needless to say my life has not gone as planned. I am not rich, I don't have a cook or a maid and I enjoy decorating my kids cakes instead of buying them, only now I wish I was a good at it as my mom!!! Others seem to have a little more faith in me than I do my friend Karen asked me to do a Mario cake for her little boys birthday and this is what it ended up looking like. I wish I could look at things I do through someone else's eyes instead of the critical eyes of my own. Always worried what others think. One of my many faults I need to overcome!!
It looks pretty good though, not bad for using a popples cake pan ehh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment