The month of July has been a fun one! I have two more posts to do to completely catch up, but here is a brief recap of our month.
Cierra's best friend has a luau party for her birthday and Cierra really wanted a coconut bra and grass skirt. Jesse decided to be the man and find one for her. They looked at the dollar store and found the skirt, but no bra. So he made one! He found these black bowls 2/$1 and sawed the legs of the bottom, drilled holes for the string and spray painted them brown. (By the way did anyone know its illegal for anyone under 18 to buy spray paint?) Any way they turned out great, he made some for the birthday girl because we thought she didn't have any turned out she did, so there was an extra pair! Anyway isn't she cute!!!

This fourth of July for the fireworks we went to a house down in the area by Melaluca Field. We have a friend that has an office in a house down there and went to watch them there. The kids had fun lighting their fireworks waiting for the big moment. These turned out alright now I wish I would have had them spell their names! It was an alright spot to watch from, it would have been nicer if there were no trees though! But the traffic was horrendous to get home! We sat in one spot for almost 3o minutes no rolling forward at all! All in all a 5 mile drive took us more than an hour to get home!


For those of you who think my husband forgets my birthday every year, this year he did not! He came home with White roses (my fav's in the rose category!!!), and took us to dinner. We went out to Famous Daves, it was alright, but I think I still prefer Texas Roadhouse for BBQ!

For the 4th of July I have always wanted to organize a bike parade for the kids in our neighborhood, but I am too lazy. But this year for Pioneer day our ward activities committee did just that. The kids could dress up in Pioneer stuff, red white and blue, decorate a bike or wagon or whatever and join in the parade. It was so cute and fun! In Tremonton where I grew up we had a children's 24th of July parade every year it was the highlight of our youth and something we looked forward to every year!

Here is a picture of me, my best friend Kami and my sister Wendy pulling us in our Pioneer garb for the parade!
The next few picts are just those of my girls in theirs!

Isn't life the greatest!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment