Have you ever heard the term the road to hell is paved with good intentions??? I figure I am in the fast lane! I have always been a person with big ideas and no ambition to complete them. I want to homemake everything I do and I think and think and then when I can't come up with something I do nothing or it seems like I should have done nothing by the time I'm finished. For example: Christmas Cards and neighbor gifts. I always promise myself that Christmas cards will be ready by Thanksgiving and I will have my neighbor gifts done in July so I don't have to worry about it come Christmas. That has NEVER happened yet! I wanted to have our family picture done and great cards made. This is the picture I took of my kids for the card and it was put into a photo card frame and mailed the week of Christmas. Now there's nothing wrong with that if thats what my plan had been, but my plan was big and required planning and work, so I just kept putting it off till I had to do something, anything. But here's the picture, not too bad, but the camera focused on a snowflake not the kids.
I have been browsing through everyones New Year's Resolutions posts and every year mine looks similar. Read and prepare for the sunday lessons every week, get up before the kids and work out, read my scriptures daily, eat more healthy, keep a journal, lose 30 lbs, say morning prayers with the kids, ok at least lose 10 lbs, keep my house cleaner, attend the temple weekly, be better at following a budget, don't conveniently forget to fast each month, maybe even bear my testimony twice a year, be more organized, be more spiritually in tune, serve my neighbors...wait maybe just talk to my neighbors would be a good start, try not to be so afraid of life....and the list goes on, and on, and on, and on. Well you get the picture. I don't think I have ever actually made it to April with my goals, wait I take that back I exercised for two years at least 3 times a week and gained weight! BLAHHH!! Maybe this year my goal should be to make no goals then I won't be an absolute failure, I would have succeeded at least once right? Nah! What fun would that be! Isn't it sad the my only resolution for the year is to wish I was completely different instead of embracing who I am!
7 comments:
Well, ironically, my New Years Resolution is to be like Tammie McCammon. So there! You totally SHOULD love who you are - everyone else does!!!
Since the road to *ahem* is paved with good intentions, I will save you a seat by the fire. I planned on making New Year' Resolutions, yet haven't managed.
Embrace who you are! You are a wonderful person to be around.
Last year, my ONLY New Year's Resolution was to NOT go back into hospital. It lasted all of....four days. I was back under the surgeon's knife the night of 4 Jan!!!! I ended up in not once, but FIVE times, so that one was kicked out entirely. My only resolution this year is to make lemonade with all the lemons I manage to catch somehow.
I'm with Billie, I didn't even get around to making them cause I never keep them and then I just feel bad.
I used Adobe Photoshop and a bunch of free papers, frames and embellishments I just found online! I was thinking 12x 12, but after some surfing I'm not so sure. Alot of people were recomending 8x8. What do you think?
Oh and thanks for dropping off the Pinewood Derby car!
Hey--I think you are great!! You should go to my friend Jackie's blog--she has a link to her friend's new year resolutions. I think we should all make resolutions like hers!!! I love you to pieces so don't be so hard on yourself!! By the way how do the fork and spoon look in your kitchen?????
Amen Sister! We can be perfectly imperfect together and support each other all the way there!
Post a Comment