Friday, January 30, 2009
Cierra's Field Trip
What kind of field trips did you do as a kid? I remember going to Hogle Zoo..way different than it is now. Hostess factory in salt lake was one of my favorites,they gave us these little mini loaves of wonder bread, I remember bringing it home and my mom made them into little sandwiches. And we went to Deseret News/SL Tribune, that was when they shared a press and one printed in the am and the other in the pm. We also went to the Golden Spike and watched the program they put on for the driving of the stake. We even went to Thiokol and watched them test a Rocket booster engine for the Space Shuttle. I can't remember any of the others, but I remember the sack lunch the school packed for us...A bologna and cheese sandwich, chips, an apple and a carton of milk. Wierd I can remember that, but it was the same everytime!
Now I am enjoying field trips with my kids. In Boise they had a great Childrens Museum and I went there with Jesse twice, I've gone with Abbie and Cierra to the Zoo and the other day I got to go with the first grade to the museum. Its acutally an interesting exhibit, old cars and bicycles. But 1 hour in a museum with 60 1st graders is a little bit long. Too long when they can't touch a thing! I wish they had a childrens museum in I.F. Anyway here are a few pictures of the kids I took in my group. They wouldn't let us take pictures inside the museum though so I didn't get any of the kids inside. Oh well, it was a day well spent with my daughter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I remember that the Broulim's grocery store used to give out those mini loaves of wonder bread for free when you bought groceries and we would get them. It was a sad day when they stopped doing that. I realized that from reading this post I don't have as good of memory as I thought I did. I can only remember going to Craters of the Moon, Harriman State Park & Fish Hatchery, and the Planetarium at Ricks (BYU-I) College. It wasn't an option to have the school pack us a lunch. I remember taking a banana with peanut butter on it on a hot dog bun (I know, sounds gross) but I guess I must have liked it back then. However, all the kids thought it was weird.
I remember the Planetarium in Rexburg and Craters of the Moon. I wish we had more of a hands on musuem here too. We've been the those is Seattle, SLC, and Phoenix and the kids love them!
Post a Comment