Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What's in a gift?

Thanks to the thoughtfulness of my good friend Joy I was surprised by my husband at Christmas! I know a husband should be capable of surprising on his own, but mine forgets my birthday so I am OK with the fact that he needs a little help in that area. I went to an 'at home America' party at Joy's house and fell in love with the giant fork and spoon in the catalog, but because I am to cheap to spend the money on stuff to decorate my house Joy was the little bird in Bills ear telling him that's what I wanted so he paid her for them, she ordered them and VOILA! I truly love them and they look great on my wall! Take a look, and thanks Joy!
On another note:
OK apparently everyone thought I was being too hard on myself in the last post, I didn't mean to give off that impression. Mostly I was just declaring my frustration at the fact that I am not the person I want to be and stating that I can acknowledge I may just be to lazy to get there. Really I am OK with that! (kinda) I know church should be this uplifting, rejuvenating thing, and most of the time it is, but some days when I come home I feel just the opposite and that's how it was on Sunday. Our RS lesson was on faith, and since my surgery 6 years ago and the other health problems I have had, faith is the one place where I struggle the most and get the most frustrated. Thanks for all the words of support from you guys you helped snap me out of it. Sorry to bring you down! I love you all and appreciate your friendship! Thanks!!!!

6 comments:

Wammack Family said...

Those look great there!

The Freed Family said...

I agree....I am not the person I want to be either, and I, too, fear that I am too lazy to get there. Love the fork and spoon. They look great in your kitchen. In fact, I love your whole kitchen with all your old vintage stuff.

JulieJ said...

What a great husband, even if he needs a little push. Looks really good.

Joy said...

The fork and spoon go great!! I am glad that a little bird helped Bill get them for you. I knew you wanted them!!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

And I was kind of hoping that you would get the snow shovel fixed for Christmas - since the lawn mower was your Birthday suprise! Maybe on your next Birthday you could chase Bill around the house with that giant fork!!! YEE HAW!!! By the way - are you ready to party?

Takara said...

They look awesome! Good job Bill!