Tuesday, September 2, 2008

They're Golden!

This past weekend was a very special event in my family. We celebrated my parents 50th Anniversary! It was a beautiful day for two of the greatest people in the world! I LOVE YOU MOM AND DAD! In the morning we met at the temple and did an endowment session. With my brother and his wife and one daughter, my sister and her husband, of course mom and dad, my moms older brother and his wife and her older sister. Its always a great feeling to stand in the Celestial Room with your family, knowing that is what you pray for and work toward as a parent. Having your kids with you forever! I don't want to wish away their childhood, but I can't wait for that experience with my own kids! It was a very special time. After the temple we went back to pick up the kids from Bills' sister Teressa's house and I made some pies and finished my salad. Then we went to the luncheon in their behalf (I was late, by a 1/2 hour, of course) it began at 2:30 at a park near where my brother Chuck lives. We had lunch and dessert, and my moms sister made a 50th cake and we had mom and dad feed it too each other...it was too cute! We then just sat around and visited until about 6pm and watched the kids play at the park. It wasn't fancy, it wasn't elaborate, but it was a fun and special day. I hope they enjoyed their day as much as I did.

1 comment:

The Freed Family said...

What a great thing to celebrate. Sounds like it was a success and I am sure they loved and appreciated it. I can't believe that I am going to have to plan one of those "golden" parties one day.