Tuesday, September 9, 2008
What does she do all day?
No picture this time, just deep thoughts by...well not Jack Handy, but Tammie! :-)
Everyone keeps asking me what I am going to do with all the spare time I have since the kids are all now in school. I really have a ton of things to keep me busy, but...I seem to be getting NONE of them done. This darned computer is what I end up wasting a majority of my time on. I get up in the morning, fully intending to exercise, clean, and then attempt one of the many tasks I have on my list. I usually go to check my email first, then ten minutes of checking my email ends up an hour to an hour and a half later, sometimes I exercise sometimes I don't. I'll answer a phone call from my mom or someone else and that kills another hour. Then I shower, do some cleaning, run a few errands and before you know it its time for the kids to be home from school. WHAT?!?! What happened to my free day? I wanted to bake or scrapbook or organize my closets or clean the plant shelves or go through the 3 years each of Martha Stewart and Family Fun Magazines I have or turn all my negatives into digital images. See I have stuff to do!
I guess I need to be more schedule oriented and make sure I follow it. Sidetracked Home Executive at work huh? It just sound so boooorrrrriiiiinnnngggg to follow a schedule!
Any Ideas I am open for suggestions?!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Can't give any ideas, but I know what you mean...time just seems to go by so fast.
Thats exactly how my day seems to go......
Ok--since no one else will give you advise I will :) So what I have to do is the night before I go to bed I write a simple list of the things I want to accomplish. I don't make a time schedule, I just write the things I want to do. Then the next morning I make sure that I take the list with me to eat breakfast so that I can read what I wanted to get done. After I read it--and realize how much needs to be done--Then when I am on the computer I don't spend quite as much time..you could try it. (**and just so you know--I usually don't get everything done on my list but if I do cross something off I atleast feel that much better)
I am afraid that is how I'll be when my last one finally goes to school.
Post a Comment