Sunday, October 12, 2014

2013 Grand Teton Camping Trip with the Renfro's

The end of July and we headed out for a 3 day camping trip to Grand Teton National Park with the Renfro's. What a Blast!!!  Me and my two girls, and Mindy with Kelby and Kiara!  It was a great Adventure.  Packed with hiking, biking, kayaking, and just plain fun!!!

After setting up camp we took off for our hike.  My kids were still pretty wary of a hike so we only walked up to the Phelps Lake overlook.  Just short of a mile up.  The hike was fun and the girls like climbing the trees.



We stopped at the Roosevelt Preserve and looked at the visitors center there.  It was pretty cool, but not a ton to look at.  We needed to buy permits for our kayaks so we headed over to the main visitors center and looked around there. But we couldn't buy the permits there so we headed back to camp for dinner.



We camped at a campground on Jackson Lake (I wish I could remember the name!) It was beautiful and the kids had fun playing in the lake.  We saw a deer running through camp and we were right by the bathroom...bonus!

They liked trying to catch the minnows in the water, Kasey even came for dinner and played at the lake too! He was working for NPS for the summer.
The next day we went over to String Lake to kayak.  We had to run up to Colter Bay to get our passes then back down to the Lake.  It was kind of a cool lake though.  You could walk a really long way out into the water.  I don't think you go walk the whole way, I wouldn't let the girls try, but it was a great play time lake. We had lunch there and played most of the day.
 After the lake then we drove to the top of Signal Mountain and took some pictures.  It was cool to do some things that I'd never done before...even though I have driven through there hundreds of times!!!Then went back to camp and they played in the lake there some more.  It was way colder in Jackson lake though.
The last day we rode bikes around Jenny Lake.  It was just such a beautiful day.  We thought about taking the ferry to the other side but didn't feel like we had time.  I had to be back for a golf tourney on Saturday so we had to get back to camp and pack up.  The Renfro's ended up hiking around the lake and taking the ferry back then next day.  Maybe next time!!!

No comments: