Sunday, September 22, 2013

January 2013

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!!!

I have a love/hate relationship with winter.  I really do enjoy seeing the snow, I love living in a place that has the 4 seasons (even if spring and fall are a little short!), I love skiing and other winter sports. Nothing is more beautiful than right after a winter storm when everything is covered in white and the sky is so blue and the sun is shining so bright!  Even if its cold it is a fantastic feeling!!  But its cold here, many days, just bitter cold...many are dark dreary and winter just seems sooooo long!!!  I suppose to really enjoy life we have to comprehend the opposites...right!?!?!

 The girls and I really enjoyed some ski days.  This year is the first year I think they really enjoyed skiing.  Its so fun to have someone else to ski with and who will love it with me!!!
Here's a few pictures of snowy days.  The first day it snowed the girls built this mini snowman with what snow they had.  They didn't ever clean it up and we didn't find the pieces to the snowman until the spring thaw!  It snowed a couple more times, never enough to make the kids happy!  But the kids enjoy building forts from the piles of snow that get shoveled from the driveway.  We had a neighbor come and push us a big pile so the kids could sled a bit on it. (it wasn't done when these pictures were taken!) Playing in the snow is one of the best parts of being a kid, they just don't let the cold bother them.)

No comments: