Sunday, May 13, 2012

October 2011

I am just going to try and get the whole month of October in one post....I hope you can keep up!!!

 Ok, September was so busy for me because of the School Carnival and poor Abbie didn't really get a birthday of any sort...so finally after it all calmed down I took her to get a pedicure.  Cierra came too, but didn't get her toes done.  I told Abbie today that I have prepared her good for a husband...her expectations are really low when it comes to birthdays.  I usually never wrap their presents and they are hardly ever a surprise!!  I don't do traditions because I know I'll just disappoint people because I would end up forgetting what I was suppose to do!!  I guess my motto is keep their expectations low!!!!


 Cierra was really sick for a couple of days and we went through her closet and cleaned out a whole bunch of stuff....I think we got rid of over 40 shirts and she still has 30 in her closet!!!

 Snakes...I don't like them, not even the little garter snakes that hang around our yard.  Cierra on the other hand is a different breed.  She caught a snake one day and decided to keep it as her pet.  I wouldn't let her keep it in the house so she kept it in a bucket in the front yard.  Everyday after school she would come home and put on her gloves and take it out of the bucket...let it down in the grass and watch it for a few minutes, then pick it up and put it back in the bucket.  I asked her what she was doing and she told me she had to let it out or else how would it ever learn to trust her?  Hmmm....do snakes learn trust??  Well it ended up dying one cold night so she came home from school and cut it into little pieces and put it in a baggie!!!!  These three girls were having a blast watching her, not being grossed out by it at all.

 So contention arises in our house when it comes to lawn and getting it mowed.  We had our last mower for about 8 years..not nearly long enough for it so be falling apart like it was, but it had had a couple of accidents and mishaps in our yard.  Jesse had been complaining about the handle falling off all year and how he was having to stop all the time and adjust knobs just so he could turn and stuff.  Bill told him to quit complaining...I told Jesse to ask his dad to mow the lawn 2x and he'd get a new mower.  He mowed it once and swore the whole time...the next week when it was his turn again....well lookie what we ended up with...a rider.  Personally I would have mowed the lawn for nice self-propelled mower to replace the other one, I don't love the new rider I think its more hassle than its worth to turn and get into small places etc.  Bill still isn't the one to mow the lawn either!!!

Jesse finally is a working man!!!  He got a job at Men's Wearhouse.  Here is a picture of him in his new suit looking pretty dapper if I must say!!!   Abbie made her own birthday cake to go along with the pedicures....a month late!!!  And FINALLY I finished the curtains for my living room!!!  How about that!!!



Halloween....our favorite time of the year.  Here are some pictures of the kids at their school costume parade and getting ready to trick or treat.  Abbie had a Halloween party to go to so we made Jello worms...I think they turned out awesome but no one would eat them because they looked to real, so she brought almost the whole plateful back home!!  And me in my Zumba tutu..It was super puffy...me and a couple of friends made matching ones to go to our Halloween Zumbathon!!!!  We were so awesome!!!!

No comments: