Thursday, December 24, 2009

8 Teeth a pulling.....

Cierra and Abbie both had some teeth pulled yesterday. Four teeth each!!! Cierra's were the top four on either side of her two front teeth. All she has for Christmas is her two front teeth. It was quite traumatic for her!!! It took about 35-40min for them to deaden the area and by that time she had had it. She was crying, I was crying, she wanted to go home, I wanted to go home!!!! It was very emotionally draining. The Dr. and nurse left the room and we talked about it and had a little prayer. Then the nurse came back in and bribed her with 4 toys and she was ready! It took 1 minute to pull the four teeth. We showed up at the dentist at 11am and left at 1:08!!! Seriously we were so tired! Cierra still has 1 more to go. But I think we'll wait for the trauma to wear off before we go back. Abbie on the other hand was calm. She needed me for the first needle prick then after deciding that it wasn't as bad as she thought she let Jesse sit in the room with her while I attended to Cierra. Her teeth came out a little easier, but the roots had already started to disintegrate on her teeth. Today they seem to be doing well. A little paranoid about the packing that is in the holes but not too bad.

2 comments:

Sermons of the Day said...

That is not fun! I only ever got to pull out one of my teeth. The dentist did all the rest.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that must of hurt. I'm sure it will be for the good I guess.