Monday, August 19, 2013

Thanksgiving Gingerbread Ship

Once in a while I get something stupid in my head and I really want to do it,(remember the Pumple cake?)
but I just can't figure it out.  I have been wanted to make a gingerbread boat for years and I could never figure out how to go about it. I really wanted to bake the gingerbread into the shape of the boat...rounded hull and all, but I just couldn't figure it out.  One day I was in Michaels and found a balsa wood model of a boat and figured I could use it as a sort of pattern.  I had to use half as many pieces because gingerbread is just a bit thicker.  It didn't end up looking at all like I had in my mind, and maybe if I ever figure out a better way I'll try again!  But in honor of Jesse going to Ecuador we named it the SS Guaya or SSGM (Guayaquil Mission). It was pretty heavy and after a couple of weeks completely fell apart and Abbie wanted to eat it so much...I let her!!!


No comments: