
Some might say nothing beats a day of fishing, even a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work. I, however am not one of those people, but my husband is. We left Saturday morning, the day after new years day, not as early as we'd have liked because the snowplow left 3 feet of snow in our driveway we had to dig out of, but still left by 9:30. We drove to Weston Reservoir and met Bills parents there and fished with them. I cannot touch a pole since I didn't have a license, mine was more a duty of taking the girls to the bathroom when they needed to go! (reminder to all not to eat the yellow snow!!!)
The kids had fun, Bill caught a perch and Jesse caught a large mouth bass, the girls played with the fish laying in the snow, threw snowballs, ate crackers and a PB&J. Coleen and Bruce caught the rest of the fish and sent us home with some, but there really is no need to send home fish with a family that won't eat it! We got home and Bill cleaned and filleted the fish then I fried it up, to be eaten by Bill and Jesse, while the girls tasted it but of course gagged!!! But the day was a nice one and it's always enjoyable to spend time with the family that I love!!!

Grandpa McCammon, Abbie and Grandma all watching for fish to take a bite!
3 comments:
I hate being cold....so ice fishing does not sound fun at all.
Hum. Ice. Cold. Snow. AND slimy, yucky fish. Okay, I guess you really DO love your family. I have to say, being away from everything with the people you love makes life worth while - fish and cold? Not so much.
That looks cold and like a good experience to do just once! Michael wants to go visit Melissa up in Minnesota and go ice fishing up there!
Well done, wife of fisherman! :) xoxo
Post a Comment