Saturday, March 27, 2010
Relief Society Birthday Dinner
For our RS Birthday dinner they had a sign up to decorate a table. I had some dishes that Bill's parents gave us that were his great aunts, they were white and blue (Bill was not happy I used them though!) I was talking with my mom telling her I had them and wanted to use them and as we were thinking we came up with a 50's theme. Records, Milkshakes, and Poodles oh my!!!
I found these Soda Fountain glasses at the DI. I filled them with Whoppers, and topped them with cotton candy and I found some gummy cherries. I took the picture before I put the straw in but the straw topped it off and I thought they turned out pretty cute.
I made these cute bowl out of records (although I didn't think anyone should eat out of them). I bought full sized records at the DI also and melted them in the oven over a bowl then formed them into this shape. I made the record centers on the computer to cover the fact that they weren't albums from the 50's!!
I felt like my table was too bare though there wasn't enough oomph! The centerpiece was suppose to be a dessert. I made a two layer chocolate cake with whipped chocolate ganache to put the cakes together and another layer of ganache on the outside that hardens. It was way to chocolaty for me, but it was still tasty...if you had a gallon of milk with it. For the Ganache you use semi-sweet chocolate, but if I make it again I will definitely use milk chocolate instead.
tag it:
50's decor,
Birthday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It was such a cute table and the cake was fabulous!!
I thought your table was way cute. You went to a lot of work buying and melting those records and making such a fancy dessert. I couldn't believe how smooth it looked. You are very talented!
I LOVE the melted record bowls - but the CAKE??? Love can't even describe. What is a word that is miles beyond love???
That looks so cute! I was sad to miss it!!! Your girls room turned out sooo cute! Jules julesandryansfamily.blogspot.com
OK Tammie, your table was awesome. I mean really amazing. I loved it.
Looks great and sounds like you had fun putting it together!
I also recently made a dessert with ganache and had the same feeling afterward....definitely milk chocolate next time! :p
Hugs and loves to all of you! xoxo
Post a Comment